1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
1/4 cup Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 cup water
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire
Cajun Spice Blend:
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons light butter
8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1 large tomato, diced
1 hardboiled egg white, diced
1. Make dressing by combining ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well by hand.
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until salad is ready.
2. Combine water, lime juice, soy sauce, and Worcestershire in a medium bowl,
and stir. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade, cover bowl and keep in
refrigerator for several hours. Overnight is even better.
3. When chicken is marinated, preheat a frying pan or skillet (an iron
skillet, if you've got it) over medium/high heat. Also, preheat your
barbecue grill to medium/high heat.
4. Combine the spices for the Cajun spice blend in a small bowl. Sprinkle a
teaspoon of the spice blend over one side of each of the chicken breasts.
Cover the entire surface of the chicken with spice.
5. Melt the butter in the hot pan, then sear the chicken breasts for 2-3
minutes on the side with the spices. While first side cooks, sprinkle
another teaspoon of spice over the top of each chicken breast, coating
that side as you did the other. Flip the chicken over, and sear for
another 2-3 minutes. The surface of the chicken will be coated with a
charred, black layer of flavour. This is exactly what you are shooting for.
6. Finish the chicken off on your barbecue grill. Grill each breast on
both sides for 2-3 minutes, or until they are done.
7. While chicken is cooking prepare the salads by splitting the lettuce into
two large bowls. Toss in the red cabbage and carrots. Mix the cheeses
together, then top the salad with the cheeses and hardboiled egg.
Sprinkle the diced tomato on each salad.
8. Slice the chicken breast, across each breast in 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Spread the chicken over the top of the salad and serve immediately with
dressing on the side.
Serves 2 as an entree.
Problems with a recipe?
If there is a problem with a recipe, please let us know.