2 tsp corn starch
2 dried chilies (or 3 dried chilies, cut into ½-inch pieces, dry-fried until crisp and lightly browned)
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
oil (oil for deep-frying)
1 tbsp black soy sauce
1 tsp garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1 tbsp white rice vinegar
1 egg white
1 tbsp scallion (finely sliced)
5 oz chicken breast
1. Score chicken breast with diagonal cuts about ¼-inch apart, taking care not to cut right through the flesh.
2. Cut the breast into ¼-inch * 3/4-inch pieces.
3. Mix well with salt, egg white, wine and cornflower.
4. Set aside for 2-3 minutes.
5. Heat oil until very hot and deep-fry chicken for 30 seconds, drain and set aside.
6. Tip out all but 1 teaspoon of oil from the wok.
7. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for a few seconds, then add soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.
8. Stir well and return the chicken, dried chilies and scallion and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
9. Stir in the fried peanuts and serve immediately.
Absolutely tasty with rice.
Problems with a recipe?
If there is a problem with a recipe, please let us know.