Total: 2 hr
Prep: 30 min
Bake: 30 min
Cool: 1 hr
Makes 24 brownies
1 package Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
3/4 cup butterscotch-flavored chips, if desired
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Caramel Frosting (below)
Assorted Halloween candies, gumdrops or shaped marshmallow pieces, such as bats, moons, pumpkins, ghosts
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Line 13x9-inch rectangular pan with aluminum foil, leaving edge of foil above rim of pan; grease bottom only of foil.
2. Stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, butterscotch-flavored chips, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl, using spoon, until well blended. Spread in pan.
3. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean. Cool about 1 hour before frosting.
4. Prepare Caramel Frosting while brownies are cooling. Lift out foil and uncut brownies.
5. Carefully remove foil. Frost brownies; arrange pieces of pretzel sticks to make tree and fence designs. Add candies to complete the "scary night" landscape. For 24 brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups powdered sugar
Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling; remove from heat. Cool about 45 minutes or until lukewarm. Gradually stir in powdered sugar. If frosting is too thin, place saucepan of frosting in bowl of cold water. Beat frosting until smooth and thick enough to spread. If frosting becomes too thick, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
Problems with a recipe?
If there is a problem with a recipe, please let us know.